Although porcelain was known in Europe from 13th Century, they were always imported from China which made them low grade because Chinese were keeping higher graded porcelain for the selves and were very expensive. So as the rising demand for porcelain over grew alchemists is Europe tried create their own Hard paste Porcelain. Johann Friedrich Böttger and the scientist Ehrenfried Walther Graf von Tschirnhaus collabaoration produced the first European hard paste porcelain at the court of Augustus the Strong, Elector of Saxony, in Dresden in 1708. In 1710 Augustus established Europe’s first hard paste porcelain company in 1710 at the Albrechtsburg palace in Meissen. “Böttgerporzellan” had more stoneware quality and hardness and was available for purchase in 1713. Initially unmarked, the crossed swords marking was developed in 1720 and has been used since 1723. Since then Miessen has been producing beautifully modeled painted figures and table services. Meissen has been second home to many outstanding sculptors, potters and painters like Johann Joachim Kändler (1706-1775), Johann Gottlieb Klinger (1701-1781) and Count Camillo Marcolini (1739-1814). It dominated 18th Century porcelain. Meissen celebrated 300 years of excellence in2008 and still is recognized for its high quality Porcelain.